Mizoram Institute of Medical Education & Research (MIMER) was established under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme ‘Establishment of new medical colleges by upgrading district/referral hospitals’.
A meeting held on the 9th June 2013 under the chairmanship of Pu _, Hon’ble Health Minister approved “Mizoram Institute of Medical Education & Research”- MIMER as the name of the medical college.
On 19th Feb. 2014 Dr Vishwas Mehta, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, gave approval for opening of new Medical College at State Referral Hospital Falkawn and a MoU signed between Government of India and Government of Mizoram on the 16th May 2014 with a total project cost of Rs. 189 lakhs.
A provisional Consent of Affiliation was given by Mizoram University on the 7th January, 2015.
HSCC (India) Limited was accepted as the consultancy agency on the 25th June 2015.
MIMER has been granted the Letter of Permission (LoP) by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW), Government of India vide letter no No.U.12012/37/2018-M E-1 [FTS No. 3154165 Dt. 25/5/18 for intake capacity of 100 students for 1st MBBS Academic session 2018-2019.
Vision and Mission Statement
MIMER aims to achieve medical excellence through quality education and research.
The utmost importance will be given to produce peerless medical graduates equipped with the knowledge and skills to be the leaders in health care. It aspires to cater affordable and quality patient care to the people of Mizoram, the surrounding states and the neighbouring countries.
- ·To provide comprehensive service in all the medical specialities and to serve as a referral health centre for preventive, diagnostic, curative and rehabilitative care.
- · To provide undergraduates with the best theoretical teaching, clinical exposure and training.
- ·To conduct research in various medical fields giving special importance to the needs of the state.
- To assist the Government of Mizoram in carrying out all responsibilities in matters of health care as required at the national or state level.
1. Blood Bank
2. Central Laboratory
3. Quarters for Staff
4. Hostel for Students
5. 20 bedded ICU
7. Operation Theatres - 6 nos.
8. Lecture Theatres - 2 nos.
9. Library with 1500 books and 20 Journals.
10. Departments of Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, General Medicine, Paediatrics, Dermatology, TB & Respiratory Diseases, Psychiatry, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopedics, Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Ophthalmology, Aneasthesiology, Dentistry, Radio-Daignosis